Assignment of Mortgage
An instrument in which a mortgage holder transfers his interest in a mortgage to another.
The document must have the following information:
- First party (assignor) KRS 382.290
- Second party (assignee) and their mailing address per KRS 382.290(5), KRS 382.430(2), KRS 382.335
- Name of the party(ies) that executed the original mortgage KRS 382.290
- The mortgage book and page reference where the mortgage is lodged for record (KRS 382.290)
- Preparation statement KRS 382.335
The clerk shall request a return mail address (KRS 382.240)
The document must be signed by the assignor and notarized. (KRS 382.290(2)).
Indexing information: The document is indexed in the general index to deeds and mortgages. The assignor is the first party. The assignee is the second party.
At the option of the clerk, the document may be linked to its respective referenced instrument in the indexing system (KRS 382.290 (5), or make a marginal entry or notation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The legal holder of the instrument is the only entity that can record an assignment.
Boyd County Clerk
Boyd County Courthouse
2800 Louisa St.
Catlettsburg, Ky. 41129
Phone: (606) 739-5116
Cedar Knoll Mall
Phone: (606) 929-9595
335 16th Street
Ashland, Ky. 41101
Phone: (606) 325-3547