The document requires:
- First party (mortgagor, borrower) (KRS 382.200)
- Second Party (mortgagee, lender) and their mailing address (KRS 382.330 & KRS 289.441)
- Amount of the mortgage (KRS 382.330 & KRS 289.441)
- Maturity date-(except for revolving credit accounts which do not require a maturity date) Relating to obligations, if the document states “due on demand” this requirement is satisfied. (KRS 382.330)
- Legal Description of the property (A source of title is not required, however, it is desirable to have) (Common Law and OAG 81-100)
- Preparation statement (KRS 382.335)
The clerk shall request a return mail address (KRS 382.240)
Document must be: signed by the mortgagor(s) and the signature(s) acknowledged (notarized). (KRS 382.130). The document must be filed in the county clerk’s office of the county where the property is located (or the greater part). KRS 382.110.
Indexing information: The document is filed in the mortgage book or condominium mortgage book, if a separate one is maintained. The document is indexed in the general index to deeds and mortgages. The first party is the mortgagor (borrower) and the second party is the mortgagee (lender). The document must also be indexed in the condominium index, if one is maintained.
Revolving credit accounts do not require a maturity date. (KRS 382.330)
Boyd County Clerk
Boyd County Courthouse
2800 Louisa St.
Catlettsburg, Ky. 41129
Phone: (606) 739-5116
Cedar Knoll Mall
Phone: (606) 929-9595
335 16th Street
Ashland, Ky. 41101
Phone: (606) 325-3547