Requirements for a Kentucky Marriage License
- The bride and groom must apply for the license together
- Both must be 18 years old or older
- There is no waiting period, blood test, or physical requirements
- The marriage license is valid for 30 days, including the date issued
- The marriage license is valid anywhere in the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Both must present an acceptable form of ID, such as a drivers’s license, government issued picture ID, passport, and both social security cards.
- There is a $39.50 fee for the license
NOTE: Kentucky does not marry minors whose parents reside outside the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Boyd County Clerk
Boyd County Courthouse
2800 Louisa St.
Catlettsburg, Ky. 41129
Phone: (606) 739-5116
Email: [email protected]
Cedar Knoll Mall
Phone: (606) 929-9595
335 16th Street
Ashland, Ky. 41101
Phone: (606) 325-3547